Police Station · fire station · highway dept · library · Town hall
The project was part of this small town’s multi-phased effort to reorganize its public facilities for the coming decades. Our responsibilities included the police, fire, and highway departments, library and old town hall on two sites in the central historic district. In moving the highway and emergency services to a new home off the town green we were charged with achieving the following:
- An efficient plan to maximize cooperation and shared facilities.
- An affordable solution that would still fit within the historic district and gain voters support.
- Building access and organization clearly understandable to the public.
- Minimal operational impact on residential and middle school neighbors.
- Capacity to handle anticipated growth.
- Low maintenance costs.
Project Manager Claude Dupuis
Photos Bill Fish