REPURPOSED 1800'S CLOCK · MAIN STREET CONCORD
A 650 pound 1800's clock and a 2,032 pound solid steel 1800's bell, both recovered and returned to Concord via the determination of many in Concord, are now set behind glass for all to enjoy, in a Clock Tower placed in the front of Eagle Square on Main Street, across from the State Capital Building. Its beauty will be preserved and maintained by the NH Historical Society.
Designed by DC Design of Concord, the exterior glass, granite, brick, copper roof, and finial over a steelframe were designed to match existing buildings in character. The clock first rang again the week before Christmas, 1998. The structure received the 2000 Honor Award for Excellence in Architecture from the American Institute of Architects, NH Chapter.
Photos Bill Fish