Project Superintendents are critical to our success. As a superintendent you are actively working in the field, making sure that the projects run smoothly, and that your team of subcontractors and staff members have all the proper tools, knowledge, and supplies to safely deliver our project on time and within the budget.
We are looking for someone with strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills, experience in managing people and in construction, and the ability to problem solve and make decisions under tight deadlines. We require that our Project Superintendent has their own transportation and a safe driving record, a high school diploma (or the equivalent), and can pass a background check and drug screening. If you enjoy working in the field with your tool belt around you while managing and developing a team in a safe and very process oriented environment sounds ideal for you, then you are what we are looking for!
Typical work hours 7:00 – 3:30, candidate must be willing to work longer hours as the project and management requires
As our new Project Superintendent, we know you understand what it takes to get the job done. To ensure success, you must bring the following to the table:
- Interpret plans
- Attend startup meeting (precon and closeout meeting)
- Provide overall onsite administrative and technical management meeting all safety requirements (per OSHA) and manpower needs to complete project on budget and on time
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, and government agencies
- Carry out carpentry labor, material handling, and misc tasks as needed
- Manage and supervise subcontractors and/or professional services at the site for proper performance to meet schedule, job site cleanliness, and customer satisfaction alerting Project Manager of any delay or concerns that may affect project/schedule
- Responsible for the protection of customer's property
- Enforces company procedure and policies amongst field staff
- Inspect all deliveries/materials and assure all materials and equipment are on site when needed
- Meets with the client weekly to discuss project progress and any concerns or questions they may have- assures high level of service to customers
- Generates field/job reports for activity for any possible issues
- Requests weekly manpower for their project to maintain schedule
- Completes punch walkthrough list with client
- Attends quarterly safety meeting and monthly in house safety meeting
- Provide leadership and support to all field staff
- Other duties as required
- At least 3 years experience in managing people
- At least 5 years experience in residential or commercial construction, some of it as a carpenter
- Working understanding of HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Sprinkler Systems etc.
- Interpret local and state codes
Working for Cobb Hill Construction will not only get you a regular paycheck, but also comes with great benefits. All employees have the opportunity to attend trainings and get the support to help them further their career. This can be on the job training by one of our team members or a classroom training program, and as we know, it is important to have some fun now and them, so our employee outing and holiday party are what our employees rate as two of the great benefits of working for us! It doesn’t end there; we understand, as no other, that family is important, so we offer a full benefit package including health, dental and disability insurance.
We encourage you to apply if interested in this position! Please download our application form and once completed submit your signed application, either through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 603-224-0375.
CHC relies upon the accuracy of information contained in the employment application, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any of this information or data may result in the exclusion of the individual from further consideration for employment or, if the person has been hired, termination of employment.