Merrimack County Savings Bank contracted with Cobb Hill to renovate the first floor space of the old New Hampshire Savings Bank located adjacent to the bank at 97 North Main Street. To interconnect the two buildings, Cobb Hill cut through over two feet of concrete and brick to create a new hallway between the buildings.
The new space now serves as new and expanded space for the bank's Wealth Management Group. The large arched windows and 24' high coffered ceiling offer a bright and airy space for the new offices. Even the old bank vault was be utilized as a file room in the space.
The project also opened up and renovated additional space in the existing bank building by removing an old unused elevator and closed off stairway.
The New Hampshire Savings Bank, opened in 1927 and is the only commercial Main Street building made of Concord granite. In June of 1988, the building was added to the National Register of Historic Places listing in Merrimack County.
Project Manager: Claude Dupuis
Project Supervidor: Jim Hayes
Project Architect: CN Carley Associates website
Structural Engineer: Trexler Engineering